Disabled woman who narrowly avoided forced abortion to get forced contraception

The Royal Courts of Justice, London. Credit: Willy Barton / Shutterstock.
The Royal Courts of Justice, London. Credit: Willy Barton / Shutterstock.

.- A judge in England has decided that a disabled woman who is pregnant will be fitted with a contraceptive device immediately following her Caesarean section, Premier Christianity has reported.

The woman was originally ordered to undergo a forced abortion by another judge, until that ruling was overturned on appeal.

Justice MacDonald heard arguments in the case at the Court of Protection of England and Wales, which hears cases related to people who do not possess the capacity to make decisions for themselves.

He will soon publish a ruling giving the reasons for his decision, according to Premier Christianity.

The 24-year-old woman, who has been identified in court as AB, and her mother, “CD”, are devout Catholics, and are members of the Igbo people. The woman has “moderate learning disabilities” and “exhibits challenging behaviour and functions at a level of between 6 and 9 years old.” AB is also said to have had a mood disorder, for which she is medicated.

The NHS trust at the hospital where the woman is being cared for argued that she should be given a contraceptive device while under anaesthesia immediately following the delivery of her child.

Fiona Paterson, the barrister representing the NHS trust, told the court it would not be in the woman’s interest again to conceive a child, and that she is vulnerable and could not be supervised constantly.

But the woman’s mother, a social worker who assists her, and the barrister representing her said there was a plan to safeguard the woman and that such interference in her autonomy was unjustified.

Susanna Rickard, the woman’s barrister, said the chances of the woman being exposed to “further sexual activity” was “close to nil.”

There is a plan to keep her from being left home alone, unsupervised with a male, or unaccompanied while out, Rickard noted.

AB is believed to have become pregnant while visiting family in Nigeria over Christmas. It is unknown who is the father of the child, and it is conceded by all parties that she lacks the capacity to consent to sex.

The woman had been ordered June 21 to undergo a forced abortion at 22 weeks pregnant by Justice Nathalie Lieven of the Court of Protection.

The Court of Appeal overturned Lieven’s decision just three days later, on June 24, finding that Lieven’s decision disregarded the assessment and wishes of AB’s mother and social worker, and went against her human rights.

Lieven “was in error in failing to make any reference in her ultimate analysis to [the mother’s] views about AB’s best interests when, as the judge found, she knew AB better than anyone and had her best interests at heart,” reads the Court of Appeal’s judgement.

Writing for the three judge panel, Lady Justice King concluded that Lieven “went beyond what the evidence could support” in concluding that the woman’s circumstances made a forced late-term abortion in her own best interests.

While Lieven’s conclusion on the balance and weight of evidence was rejected by the appeal court, King nevertheless underscored the right of the court to impose an abortion if the circumstances merit it.

“Carrying out a termination absent a woman’s consent is a most profound invasion of her Article 8 [human] rights, albeit that the interference will be legitimate and proportionate if the procedure is in her best interests,” King concluded.

Source: catholicnewsagency.com


Die Wiener Pro-Life-Revolution geht weiter

Zum zweiten Marsch für das Leben kamen 4.000 Lebensschützer – Ein Bischof sprach Klartext, eine Frau im Rollstuhl, die mit Britney Spears auf Tour war, machte Mut und ein Sänger aus Kroatien präsentierte einen Pro-Life-Song – Von Roland Noé

Wien (kath.net/rn)
„Was gefordert ist, ist Solidarität. Wir müssen uns zu einer Kultur der Solidarität hinwenden. Deshalb finde ich diesen Slogan so wunderbar – Liebe sie beide, das Kind und seine Mutter.“ Mit einer Hl. Messe hatte am Samstag in Wien der 2. Marsch für das Leben in Wien im überfüllten Stephansdom begonnen. Auch dieses Jahr hatte der Wiener Weihbischof Stephan Turnovszky die Ehre der österreichischen Bischöfe gerettet und sich Zeit für die wichtigste Pro-Life-Veranstaltung des Jahres genommen, an der dieses Jahr laut Veranstalter rund 4.000 Menschen teilnahmen, um für das Recht auf Leben zu demonstrieren. Unter den Teilnehmern befanden sich mehrheitlich junge Menschen, Familien und Kinder. Sie forderten außerdem bessere Unterstützung für Frauen im Schwangerschaftskonflikt – und deren Kinder.

Turnovszky übermittelte zu Beginn Grußworte vom Salzburger Weihbischof Andreas Laun, der aus gesundheitlichen Gründen leider nicht dabei sein konnte, und forderte in der Predigt auch eine Umkehr aus einer Gesellschaftsordnung, die nicht lebensfördernd ist. „Es geht uns um das eine große beherzte JA zu allem, was Gott gut geschaffen hat. Kompromisslos beide zu lieben – wir bejahen das geborene gleichsam dem ungeborenen Leben. Deshalb unterstütze ich den Marsch fürs Leben, die parlamentarische Bürgerinitiative #fairändern und davor auch die Bürgerinitiative Fakten helfen zur statistischen Erhebung von Abtreibungen. Danke, dass sie unserer Gesellschaft weiterhelfen, indem sie auf die Straße gehen und rufen: LIEBE SIE BEIDE!“

Noch deutlich klarer sprach im Anschluss an die Hl. Messe zum Kundgebungsauftakt vor dem Dom nach Gesängen eines syrisch-orthodoxen Chors in aramäischer Sprache dann Chorepiskopos Emanuel Aydin, immerhin ehemaliger Stellvertreter des Vorsitzenden des Ökumenischen Rates der Kirchen in Österreich.
„Wie konnte es so weit kommen in einem christlichen Land? Die Schöpfung ist auf den Menschen hin geschaffen und ruft uns gleichsam zu: Tötet kein Menschenleben! Es gibt keine Rechtfertigung dafür, ein ungeborenes Kind zu töten.“

Kritik übt der Bischof auch am religiösen Verfall in Österreich und daran, dass sich die Politik in Österreich nicht mehr um die Gebote Gottes kümmert. Und brisant und gegen den Zeitgeist war dann die Kritik an der Klimahysterie. „Diese Hysterie um den angeblich menschengemachten Klimawandel ist verrückt“, so der Bischof. „Die Schöpfung ist von Gott gut eingerichtet und wir müssen die Schöpfung schützen, aber vernünftig und ohne Panik.“ Aydin sprach dann ganz klar davon, dass Abtreibung Mord sei. „Der Staat muss die Kinder schützen. Der Staat muss auch die Frauen schützen, auf die oft großer Druck ausgeübt wird. Das kann doch um Gottes Willen nicht sein, das ist ein Rückfall in die Barbarei!“

Am Podium stellte dann Gastredner Jonathon van Maren aus Kanada, der für den Impact-Kongress extra nach Wien angereist war, in einem kurzen Statement fest: „Die Wahrheit ist auf unserer Seite, die Moral ist auf unserer Seite und auch die Wissenschaft ist auf unserer Seite.

Darum ist es so dringend, dass wir einen auf der Wissenschaft basierten Zugang zu dieser Debatte schaffen.“

Besonders beeindruckend war dann ein Zeugnis der Jen Bricker aus den USA, die seit Jahren im Rollstuhl sitzt. Jen kam ohne Beine und ohne Namen auf die Welt, ihr leibliche Eltern hatten sie ausgesetzt und einfach im Krankenhaus zurückgelassen. Die Ärzte gaben sie auf, doch sie überlebte. „Ich habe gewusst, dass es einen Sinn in meinem Leben gab. Ich habe sämtliche Sportarten ausgeübt“. Sogar mit Britney Spears war sie auf Tour. „Ich sag deswegen JA, um zu zeigen, wie wichtig ein Leben sein kann. Es ist so wichtig, dass wir aufstehen und für das Leben kämpfen.“

Nach der Kundgebung folgte der Marsch durch die Wiener Innenstadt, bei dem die vielen, vor allem jungen Menschen nicht nur vor den vielen Touristen mit Sprüchen aber auch lautstark auf den Schutz des Lebens aufmerksam machten. Die Abschlusskundgebung folgte wiederum am Josefsplatz, wo derzeit das Parlament tagt. „Wir marschieren für das Leben der Ungeborenen und stehen gegen das Unrecht der Abtreibung auf. Denn jedes Kind hat es verdient auf die Welt zu kommen und keine Frau sollte in der Situation sein, Abtreibung als einzigen Ausweg zu sehen. Die wieder deutliche und sehr erfreuliche Steigerung an Teilnehmern am Marsch fürs Leben zeigt, dass dieses Thema den Menschen in Österreich auch zunehmend auf dem Herzen liegt“, so Valerie Trachta, Vorsitzende vom Marsch fürs Leben. Alexander Tschugguel sprach sich für eine vermehrte Zusammenarbeit aller verschiedenen Lebensschützer in Österreich aus, denn gerade die Einheit ist es, die wir in diesen Tagen besonders brauchen.

Ausgeklungen ist der Marsch mit einem Auftritt des kroatischen Sängers Antonio Tkalac, der sein eigens für den Marsch fürs Leben komponiertes Lied erstmals live unter großem Applaus vorstellte.

Manuela Steiner, die Pressesprecherin des Marsches, teilte gegenüber kath.net bereits den Termin für den Marsch im kommenden Jahr mit: 17. OKTOBER (!) 2020. Nicht nur die Veranstalter hoffen, dass spätestens dann beim Marsch auch katholische Bischöfe aus Österreich mitgehen werden. Doch die Veranstalter von Wien haben noch mehr vor. Bereits vor dem Marsch ist nächsten Sommer ein “Ball für das Leben” in Wien geplant, durchaus als Kontrapunkt zu einem anderen Ball, der ebenfalls das “Life” im Namen führt.

http://www.marsch-fuers-leben.at/t

VIDEO: Der gesamte Marsch in 7 Minuten – Alle Teilnehmer

Pressesprecherin Manuela Steiner während des Marsches gg. kath.net

Marsch für das Leben in Wien – WE ARE PRO-LIFE

Antonio Tkalac – Halleluja von Leonard Cohen – Marsch für das Leben Wien 2019

Marsch für das Leben in Wien – WIR SIND für die KINDER , WIR SIND für die Frauen – Marsch für das Leben Wien 2019

Syrisch-orthodoxen Chors in aramäischer Sprache – Marsch für das Leben Wien 2019

Marsch für das Leben – Schlussansprache von Alexander Tschugguel

Schlussansprache von Manuela – Sprecherin von Jugend für das leben

Marsch für das Leben in Wien – Jubel

Source: kath.net


Parents’ anger over Scottish sex education lessons

Parents in Scotland have challenged Education Secretary John Swinney over materials which ‘promote pornography’ in the school curriculum.

John Swinney defended the materials, which one parent said were ‘corrupting children’.

The exchange took place at a public meeting in Perth organised by the National Parent Forum of Scotland.

Normalisation

Mr Swinney, who is also Scotland’s Deputy First Minister, was questioned over a new relationships, sexual health and parenthood curriculum.

One parent said schools risked “normalising pornography”. Another challenged the teaching that gender is subjective, calling it a “very dangerous and confusing message” for young people. The parent also criticised the promotion of masturbation.

When the father gave a graphic description of what he claimed was being taught, he was asked by the Chair of the event to tone down his language. He responded by saying if it’s not suitable to talk about with adults, “how can it possibly be suitable to talk about in schools?”

Corrupting

He added: “Pornography is positively promoted in these materials as something beneficial and helpful. These materials are not educational, they are corrupting of children.”

Mr Swinney acknowledged the sensitive material involved, but argued that the material was age-appropriate and would properly equip young people.

A Scottish Government spokesman responded by saying that it is working closely with parents and taking their views into account.

Inappropriate

Last month it was revealed that in Warwickshire children as young as six were being taught about masturbation.

Naomi and Matthew Seymour, who have two sons who attend a primary school in Warwick, removed their children from school for the week the lessons took place.

Mr Seymour said: “This sexualisation of our children is just totally inappropriate.”

“I think many families who had seen these lesson plans would feel the same way we did.”

Source: christian.org.uk


Syria’s Christians are suffering in silence

The Assyrians hang in limbo


Abortion rights activists try to burn Mexico City cathedral

 

Firefighters acted quickly to prevent the fire from spreading

Amid a demonstration Saturday urging the legalisation of abortion, activists tried to set fire to the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral.

In response to the Sept. 28 arson attempt, Catholics gathered before the front doors of the cathedral.

Mauricio Alfonso Guitar, deputy head of the Cristera National Guard in Mexico City, told CNA’s Spanish language sister agency ACI Prensa that “thanks to the denunciations in Catholics’ social networks, offering to defend the churches, the government … sent police to defend them.”

ACI Prensa reported that firefighters acted quickly to prevent the fire from spreading, and police acted to prevent further acts of aggression by the abortion rights activists.

Source: catholicherald.co.uk